KDE-Edu has been invited to an education event in Brussels

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Fri Feb 23 21:02:30 UTC 2018

Hello,

We are looking to extend the range of events we go to so we can reach a larger
audience. One thing we have been talking about is trying to reach more
teachers. Thanks to your work, this is something we can do, so we have been
looking for events where teachers, school principals, and parents may
congregate.

The other day someone sent me this:

https://educode.be/

I talked to the organiser and he says the organisation would be very happy
that we participated. We can have a booth (at no cost), run workshops, stage
demos, give talks, etc.

Note that this is not an event where you would go to talk with other
developers. The technical behind-the-scenes aspects of your software is
unimportant for the audience that will attend. This is a place where teachers,
students and parents with possibly zero programming knowledge will want to
test your software and check its usefulness in the classroom.

This means, apart from your knowledge of the applications themselves (due to
having created them), your experience in teaching, or your experience of
working with teachers, students and schools who used the software, will also
be helpful.

What do you want to do with this?

Cheers

Paul

P.S.: I have not told the organisation we would attend. I have only asked if
we could attend, so no pressure.
--
Promotion & Communication

www: http://kde.org