D17739: Add a po file for the list of words in GCompris

Johnny Jazeix noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 22 17:25:26 GMT 2018

jjazeix created this revision.
jjazeix added reviewers: GCompris, Localization.
jjazeix added a project: GCompris.
Herald added a project: KDE Edu.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-edu.
jjazeix requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  The aim of this diff would be to add a po containing all the words to be translated in the lang activity (https://gcompris.net/incoming/lang/words.json) to ease the work for the translators.

  Multiple questions:

  1. Is it useful for translators to have it in a po format (in KDE translation repository) instead of a json file (which is only in GCompris repository)?
  2. Which information would be needed to have in the translator comments? The images given in comment should help to understand the context, not sure if more is needed.
  3. I'm really not used to awk, maybe there is some cleaner way to write what I did if someone is interested :).

TEST PLAN
  The first idea is to fill the existing po with the words in locales already available (those in https://cgit.kde.org/gcompris.git/tree/src/activities/lang/resource) to not lose the existing work or duplicate the translators work.

  Then, once the po files are ok, when there are updates, synchronize the po files with the json files (so translators would only need to update the po files, no more updating manually the json files).

REPOSITORY
  R2 GCompris

AFFECTED FILES
  src/Messages.sh