D17610: [ROOT] Extend ROOT importer by possibility to load trees and tuples

Alexander Semke noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Dec 21 16:29:52 GMT 2018

asemke added a comment.

  In D17610#377588 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17610#377588>, @croick wrote:

  > The new importer options now look a little different. F6478748: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6478748>
  >  I don't expect review of the whole code, but a quick glance at the interface would be nice.

  Looks good. Please check my minor comments. Another valuable and big contribution to LabPlot. Thank you a lot for this.

  By looking at your screenshot I again realize that we should maybe remove the title "Format Options" for the group box completely for file types like hdf5, netcdf, fits and root. Here we don't have any "options" like for ASCII. Also, removing of the border of this groupbox for this types will make the import widget less over loaded. But this is something for another code change...

INLINE COMMENTS

> ROOTFilter.h:66
>  	/// List names of histograms contained in ROOT file
>  	QStringList listHistograms(const QString& fileName);
> +	/// List names of trees contained in ROOT file

QStringList listHistograms(const QString& fileName) const;

> ROOTFilter.h:68
> +	/// List names of trees contained in ROOT file
> +	QStringList listTrees(const QString& fileName);
> +	/// List names of leaves contained in ROOT tree

same here.

> ROOTFilter.h:70
> +	/// List names of leaves contained in ROOT tree
> +	QVector<QStringList> listLeaves(const QString& fileName, const QString& treeName);

same here

> ROOTFilter.h:78
>  	/// Get preview data of the currently set histogram
> -	QVector<QStringList> previewCurrentHistogram(const QString& fileName,
> +	QVector<QStringList> previewCurrentObject(const QString& fileName,
>  	                                             int first, int last);

also here we can add const

> ROOTFilter.h:82
>  	/// Get the number of bins in the current histogram
> -	int binsInCurrentHistogram(const QString& fileName);
> +	int rowsInCurrentObject(const QString& fileName);

same here

REPOSITORY
  R262 LabPlot