D16663: [import] Use QSharedPointer for file filters

Christoph Roick noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Dec 2 12:46:29 GMT 2018

croick added a comment.

  In D16663#367765 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16663#367765>, @asemke wrote:

  > - QSharedPointer has additional overhead for reference counting which we don't need in this case. Can we use std::unique_ptr here?

  Whenever `LiveDataSourcce::setFilter(currentFileFilter())` is called, we cannot know whether the filter object will exist, when it's used in a LiveDataSource.
  For example, in `MainWin::newLiveDataSourceActionTriggered()` a filter is set by `ImportFileWidget`, which then is deleted as a child of `ImportFileDialog`:

    	else {
    		LiveDataSource* dataSource = new LiveDataSource(i18n("Live data source%1", 1), false);
    		dlg->importToLiveDataSource(dataSource, statusBar());
    		this->addAspectToProject(dataSource);
    	}
    }
    delete dlg;

  So for the code as it is, I think reference counting is required. But sure, its use can be limited.

REPOSITORY
  R262 LabPlot