D14738: Add the markdown entry

Nikita Sirgienko noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 17 17:18:26 BST 2018

sirgienko added a comment.

  In D14738#310483 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14738#310483>, @kqwyf wrote:

  > In D14738#310269 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14738#310269>, @sirgienko wrote:
  >
  > > Sorry, but I think, I don't  understand your correctly. Rendered LatexEntry saves eps file to archive. As I know Discount generate full html output from markdown, so Markdown Entry haven't any eps files, isn't it?
  >

  > Sorry for my poor explanation.
  >
  > I'm implementing MarkdownEntry with both markdown and latex support. I tested Discount with flag MKD_LATEX using a string like "$$\sum$$" and it doesn't work. I'm not sure what's wrong, but I chose another solution to get consistent behaviors. The solution is simple: firstly convert the markdown code (with latex formulas in `$$`) to html by Discount, and then render the latex code by `TextEntry::evaluate()`, which generates several temporary eps files.

  Well, I think, we should try to use Discount Latex support, it's more simple than using our code for latex (because, if Discount really used mathjax, we will got uniform html output even we use latex in our Markdown Entry. Without handling with eps files, saving or loading them, etc.
  And if we don't achive success with Discount latex, we still have latex in text result, LatexEntry, so I don't think, that it is big problem using Markdown without Latex. And, after refactoring code for latex rendering in future, it's will be easy to use latex rendering code from TextEntry (but in this moment it isn't so easy).

REPOSITORY
  R55 Cantor