D12074: Solve problem of appearance input of interpreter in interpreter's output in Lua backend

Alexander Semke noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 23 18:47:00 UTC 2018

asemke added a comment.

  In D12074#252018 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12074#252018>, @sirgienko wrote:

  > Well, it's better, but we still have problems:
  >  [...]

  I cannot reproduce this with lua 5.2.4. All commands in your test project file produce a correct output with my patch.
  F5819582: cantor_lua_multi_line.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5819582>

  The problems seem to be either version dependent or there are some other timing issues involved here.

  > I think, you also should change condition `if(m_currentExpression && !m_output.isEmpty() && m_output.trimmed().endsWith(QLatin1String(">")))` in `luasession.cpp`, because sometimes lua prints `> ` **before** ends work, and as you see, lua backend finishs work with command too early and lua output added to next entries.

  Did you try this? Does it work for you? Can you please provide the outputs in LuaExpression.cpp:70 for one of such multi-line commands where you still have problems with?

REPOSITORY
  R55 Cantor