Kalzium is KF5-based

Andreas Cord-Landwehr cordlandwehr at kde.org
Sun Oct 30 23:02:43 UTC 2016

Hi, the last days I finished the KF5-port of Kalzium and as of now, the master
branch is finally KF5-based \o/ For me it looks that Kalzium works quite fine
now, but since my last chemistry class is 17 years go (oh wow...) It would be
great if people with more chemistry background could have a look.

On the technical side, I discovered several regressions that unfortunately
were introduced during the port. I tried reviewing the respective commits, but
since some of them are very hard to read, I might have missed some. Moreover,
with the switch to Avogadrolibs2, which is a actually rewrite of the Qt4-based
Avogadro version, there are some big changes for the 3D-molecule viewer.
Hence, there are several good reasons to do some testing there :)

Cheers,
Andreas