Music Education

Sandro Andrade sandroandrade at kde.org
Fri Nov 6 17:42:03 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 1:05 PM, Akarsh Simha <akarshsimha at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Sandro

Hi Akarsh,

> This is amazing! This is just the kind of awesomeness that KDE Edu has
> had, and to be honest, I've felt that we've missed a music edu app for
> way too long. Thank you for this, I'm sure it will be of great use to
> many music enthusiasts.
>
> A question I have is: do you envision expanding into sheet music
> training as well? I'm not aware of any open-source app that uses MIDI
> features to help practice sight-reading.

Well, the possibilities are endless, right? :) Sheet music support
should be implemented soon but still as a secondary view (besides
piano keyboard view) for ear training, since that's the focus right
now. But yes, sight-reading, solfa, harmonization and improvising are
certainly things I'd like to see in Minuet in the future.

Cheers,
Sandro