unable to install KDE step

Rahul Chowdhury rahulc93 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 15:50:34 UTC 2015

First you need to install the kf5 frameworks. For that you can either use
your distro-provided packages (not sure if your distro provides it), or
alternatively you can build them from source. For that you can use the
"kdesrc-build" tool. Before using kdesrc-build to build and install the
frameworks, you need to set up the paths and other configurations. After
doing that you can simply run "kdesrc-build frameworks" from the terminal
which will git clone the frameworks and build and install them for you.
To set up the configurations (paths and such) you can take a look at this
really nice blog post here ->
http://jpwhiting.blogspot.in/2014/12/kdesrc-build-is-very-useful-tool-heres.html
Jeremy has explained very nicely how to use the tool here. See if this
helps. Try to follow it to set up your kdesrc-build and build the
frameworks. For further assistance consider asking around in IRC as well,
try the #kde-devel channel.