Qt5XmlPatterns Fixed! Geogebra Support in Kig Incoming

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Thu Jun 11 10:42:54 UTC 2015

Hi Aniket!

I woke up today with an exciting e-mail saying bug 4470[0] has been
finally taken care of, meaning we should probably be able to ship
Geogebra support in Kig provided the user has Qt 5.5.1.
Coincidentially, I had been working on removing the last bits of KDE4
Libraries from Kig last week so I took care of merging master to the
geogebra branch and fixing the build there so that is working now and
should be easy to eventually merge the geogebra branch back to master.

Unfortunately, I have no time right now to test the fix and how it
affects our feature, since I have to update Qt5 and whatnot, but I
will certainly take this weekend to sort this out and if this is
indeed fixed, by Monday I will have merged to master and your
GSoC '14 work will finally hit the next release :) (and we can finally
discard RR 119141[1] to make Albert happy). In the meantime, I am
pushing all my changes in case you have some time to pull and build
the latest Qt5 code and test the fix.

David E. Narvaez

[0] https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-4470
[1] https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/119141/