LabPlot

Alexander Semke Alexander.Semke at web.de
Wed Apr 22 06:39:30 UTC 2015

> Do you have all such features listed so that I could contribute to them.
1. Range breaking - e.g. you want to plot data from 0 to 100 and then from
2000 to 10000, the proper amount of data and a breaking on the axis should be
plotted. This is a bit tricky but is already partially implemented in the
code.

2. Fill the area below/above/left to/right form the curve. I started to work
on this.

3. Binary import - here we already have some widgets for the GUI part, the
actual import logic needs to be taken over and adjusted from labplot1.

3. netCDF import - this is maybe more time consuming if we want to implement
for the navigation in the multidimensionl data something as comfortable as n
panoply [1] and ncBrowse [2]. The actual import code is available in labplot1.
On the GUI-side some brain work needs to be done. Here I'm not sure yet
whether we want to add this feature to the next release.

4. Add new functions in the context menu of spreadhseet/column for the
generation of new data and for working with already existing data in the
spreadsheet columns:

Add new column/
	*copy from an existing one
	*copy  from an existing one and add a value or subtract/divide/multiply

Currently, only an empty column can be added.

Operations/
	* add a value or subtract/divide/multiply
	* drop values (by providing "start at" and "stop at" values, of
          greater/lesser then a specific value)
	* join two or more columns

I think, 4 is the most easiest one. You can have a look at
SpreadsheetView::fillWith*()-functions to see how the access to the data is
done. Here we need to create couple of simple dialogs for the selection of an
already existing data and for providing value(s) and to implement the logic
there like in EquidistantValuesDialog, FunctionValuesDialog and
RandomValuesDialog. Or just use QInputDialog for providing a value to be added
etc. like in SpreadsheetView::fillSelectedCellsWithConstValues()

--
Alexander

[1] http://www.giss.nasa.gov/tools/panoply/
[2] http://www.epic.noaa.gov/java/ncBrowse/