KDE Pairs - Error in starting the application

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Mon Nov 24 14:06:05 UTC 2014

Hi,

first, just two general suggestions:

- please do not top-post when replying to emails, as it makes email
  threads harder and messier to read

- given the logs where not big, just attach them as plain text files to
  the emails, as external pastebin services can be unavailable at times,
  or simply delete pastes after some time (making past emails worthless)

On Friday 14 November 2014 20:09:00 Dinu Sandaru wrote:
> I built the pairs using the following commands.
>

>    - cd <project_name_path>
>    - mkdir build
>    - cd build
>    - cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$KDEDIRS -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug

$KDEDIRS was empty, so you have configured with / as install prefix.

> Terminal Output of make install : http://pastebin.com/55ZBj9Ee

This clearly show what I said above; so, first remove all the files that
in the above pastebin are in lines that begin with
-- Up-to-date: ...
or
-- Installing: ...

Then, remove the build directory, and configure again making sure that
either
a) $KDEDIRS is set
b) (highly recommended to avoid accidentally messying the system with
   sudo) install to a local directory, usually under your $HOME or in
   some other user-writable location, so you don't need root permissions
   to install the software; I'm sure there was some page in techbase
   about it, but I cannot find it...

--
Pino Toscano