OSX/CI: cantor successfully builds on OSX

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Mon Nov 10 18:45:16 UTC 2014

Hi Filipe,

On 09 Nov 2014, at 22:46 , Filipe Saraiva <filipe at kde.org> wrote:
> WOW it is a really amazing news!

:)

> If Cantor now builds in OS X it is because the great work of Qt and KF5
> wizards. Thanks for all!

Yep.

> How KDE softwares are distributed in OS X? Is there a easy way to
> install it in OS X or I need to compile it?

Currently MacPorts neither offers install binaries nor KF5 ports, simply due
to lack of time. But cantor for KDE4 is available on MacPorts since quite a
while, currently as version 4.13.3:
---
$ port list cantor
cantor                         @4.13.3         kde/cantor
---
(But I haven’t tested it in extensively myself, just built it. There is an
 issue that an empty dialog gets shown at startup, which has also been spotted
 for other KDE4 apps when we upgraded from 4.12.5!)

My objective was up to now to get an OSX/Qt5/KF5 CI system natively working in
order to catch build time issues early on. ATM I am too busy with other stuff
to proceed with e.g. creating the missing KF5 ports for MacPorts… :-/

However, Harald Fernengel created recipes for Homebrew [1], but this also
requires building from sources, to my knowledge…

Greets,
Marko

P.S.: Hoping your leg has been healing fine.

[1] https://github.com/haraldF/homebrew-kf5