GSoC 2014 proposal for KIG

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Fri Mar 28 15:48:05 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 7:42 AM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:
> Also I never understood why don't you want to use Analitza for plotting and
> then rendering in the scene within Kig instead of having two different
> views. Isn't the whole point to be able to have the plots interact with the
> rest of the elements in the scene?

I have always thought that Geogebra being both an interactive geometry
tool and a plotting tool is a design flaw, and I would prefer to keep
Kig as an interactive geometry tool, separate from other plotting
tools. I guess there are use cases where you want to plot a function
and interact with, say, a triangle or something like that, but right
now Kig does not support those use cases.

David E. Narvaez