Language Learning Discussion Status Update

Andreas Cord-Landwehr cordlandwehr at kde.org
Sun Mar 2 16:37:20 UTC 2014

Hey, I would like to give a short status update about the discussion about language learning in KDE Edu.
Since the last mail was droped to the mailing list about this topic:

* Inge and Amarvir took over the Parley maintainership
* Artikulate joined KDE Edu
* We updated and extended the language learning Personas
  https://community.kde.org/KDEEdu/Language/Personas
* We created a draft set of important workflows when using language trainers:
  https://community.kde.org/KDEEdu/Language/VokabularyLearningWorkflows

And we started planning for a big project that shall give language learning in KDE Edu a an updated vision:

https://community.kde.org/KDEEdu/Language/Projects/LearnerCentricApplications

This plan is still in a draft stage and we want to discuss it this Tuesday (March 4th), 5pm UTC at the #kde-
edu IRC channel what the Personas/Workflows tell us about application scopes.

In particular the meeting topics are:
  1. Planning of Application Scopes and Integration
  2. Plan/Start Revisiting of Actual Applications
  3. Discuss further steps

Everyone is invited to participate or lurk around. Anyways, we will send discussion results to this list.

Greetings,
Andreas