Using KNewStuff in Kstars for sharing links and photos

Vijay Dhameliya vijay.atwork13 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 18:17:43 UTC 2014

Hello all

I am Kstars contributor. Recently I was reading documentation of
GHNS<http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Introduction_to_Get_Hot_New_Stuff>
and
I am thinking of using this service for sharing links and photos in Kstars.
Since I have not yet worked on KNewStuff I am not sure whether following
things can be implemented or not:

1) User can log in from Kstars and upload links along with Skyobject name
and other few details. For this I think Kstars should be able to connect to
database file residing on server when log in succeeds.

2) User can download information which will be rendered in Skyobject's
detail dialog (which can be easily implemented once that data is downloaded
to local file from server). User may not required to log in to download.

I have lot of experience with QSql but I am not sure whether the type of
communication that I want Kstars to do with server can be implemented or
not.
So can you please give your views and suggestion on the same and tell me
whether implementing this idea with KNewStuff is possible or not ?

Thanks in advance :):)

Regards
Vijay Dhameliya