Frameworks status for KDE Edu

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Tue Dec 30 13:18:43 UTC 2014

Le 29/12/2014 05:52, Aleix Pol a écrit :
>> 3. I consider GCompris to be part of KDE Edu nowadays - maybe Bruno would like
>> >to comment whether that is right or wrong. But anyway, this is a bit of a
>> >special case since it's an ongoing rewrite from a Gtk+ program. There is also
>> >an intention to release the ported program to Android before any release for
>> >the desktop. So is any Frameworks 5 related information even applicable here?
> AFAIK, they don't use any of the KF5 and the development started in
> Qt5 already, so they know what they're doing anyway.
> Also I don't know if they want to sync releases with us yet.

Hi,

Concerning GCompris, you are correct, we are not using KF5 for now.

Yes, i'd love to see GCompris within KDE Edu. We are not yet ready for a
desktop release because we still have less feature than the Gtk+
version. My hope is to complete the port in a year. This is a little sad
because for the ported activities the new version if better on many
aspects. Thus we could imagine a transition in which both versions are
provided, I am not sure what to do.

For syncing our release with KDE Edu, I think it could be a good
approach for GNU/Linux distribution but for proprietary platform I want
to keep the ability to make new releases independently through gcompris.net.

Bruno.