Frameworks status for KDE Edu

Andreas Cord-Landwehr cordlandwehr at kde.org
Mon Dec 29 08:32:57 UTC 2014

On Saturday 27 December 2014 18:38:37 Inge Wallin wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have made a complete status review of all the applications in KDE Edu
with
> regard to porting to KDE Frameworks 5. The result is attached to this
mail
> in HTML format so should be easy to view.
>
> The result is somewhat better than I thought: most applications are
already
> ported and work well. But there are a few things that I would like to
> comment on.
>
> 1. Artikulate, Kmplot, Kgeography, Blinken and Pairs are ported and
could be
> merged immediately. I don't see any reason why we have to wait until
there
> is no more kdelibs4support left before merging if the port works well.
> Having both a frameworks and a master branch that should not really be
> touched is more confusing. Are there any reason why we should not do
that
> immediately?

Artikulate is not yet ready for a merge. (Otherwise it would be merged
already ;) There are still some blocker bugs in the UI that have to be
solved first.
On the other hand, master is KDElibs4 based, stable and works.

I will do that and merge in time for the first 2015 Applications release. But
the quality of the frameworks branch has to reach the master branch's
quality first.

Cheers,
Andreas