Frameworks status for KDE Edu

Christoph Feck cfeck at kde.org
Mon Dec 29 01:11:20 UTC 2014

On Saturday 27 December 2014 18:38:37 Inge Wallin wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have made a complete status review of all the applications in KDE
> Edu with regard to porting to KDE Frameworks 5. The result is
> attached to this mail in HTML format so should be easy to view.
> [...]
> 1. Artikulate, Kmplot, Kgeography, Blinken and Pairs are ported and
> could be merged immediately. I don't see any reason why we have to
> wait until there is no more kdelibs4support left before merging if
> the port works well. Having both a frameworks and a master branch
> that should not really be touched is more confusing. Are there any
> reason why we should not do that immediately?

Regarding kmplot, there are issues that block a merge (from my todo):
- fix Open after modifying document
- fix New not finding part
- fix hide status bar (by porting to QStatusBar?)
- fix Qt5 dragging delay
- fix initialGeometrySet in kmplot.cpp
The first two issues are related to KToolInvocation in kmplot.cpp,
which needs some core developer to understand and fix.

> [...]
> 2. Kalzium, Kstars, and KTouch are still using kdelibs4 and don't
> even have a frameworks branch. I have heard some noice about doing
> or starting a port in all of those applications (iirc) and I would
> like to see at least a branch in them immediately. So the question
> is: is there any actual work done on any of these in some private
> repository somewhere?

KStars/master is already KF5 based, Kalzium is being worked on by a
SoC student, no idea about KTouch status.

> In conclusion I think we have come a very long way. Most of the
> ports are done and a few need still to be merged.  Very
> encouraging, I'd say.

Exactly :)

Christoph Feck (kdepepo)