The next file format

Andreas Cord-Landwehr cordlandwehr at kde.org
Mon Aug 18 12:42:00 UTC 2014

On Monday 18 August 2014 14:31:51 Todd Rme wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Inge Wallin <inge at lysator.liu.se>
wrote:
> > On Sunday, August 17, 2014 23:06:28 Andreas Cord-Landwehr wrote:
> >>
> >> XML is sooo 90s ;) (but no objection/bike-shedding from me)
> >
> > Hehe, I am fine with JSON also if you prefer that. :) Actually it's much
> > easier to edit by hand so that might not be a bad idea.
> >

> It seems there is some movement in KDE towards YAML, so it might be
> worth considering it as well.

Qt provides support for both XML and JSON (without needing an external
library). Is there something similar for YAML, too?

For me, having such a support is quite important. (And even better if it is
provided directly by Qt, since that ensures that we will find this support
also on non-Linux platforms.)

Cheers,
Andreas