Questions about Parley and KWordQuiz

Andreas Cord-Landwehr cordlandwehr at kde.org
Sat Oct 26 16:15:53 UTC 2013

Hi, today at the Edu sprint we came up with the question about
what the long-term plan for vocabulary training applications in KDE
Edu should be. As far as we know, currently we have KWordQuiz
and Parley, which solve very similar needs (at least from our high
level view). So it would be great, if you could help us understand
better why we have two different applications (which allows better
advertisement of their specific qualities) or whether it could be a
goal to switch to only one application in the future...

>From the people currently here in La Coruña, unfortunatley
nobody can remember the specific arguments what lead to having
two applications. So it would be great if you could help us
remember :)

Greetings,
Andreas