KDE-Edu Sprint: Meeting with teachers

Andreas Cord-Landwehr cordlandwehr at kde.org
Sat Oct 19 10:43:11 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 16 October 2013 23:00:28 José Millán Soto wrote:
> Do you have any idea or suggestion regarding this meeting?

Hi, I would suggest to start with a short presentation that covers the
fields:
   0. about KDE Edu and KDE
   1. math applications (KAlgebra, Kmplot, Khipu, Cantor)
   2. language apps (Klettres, Parley, Artikulate)
   3. science (Kalzium, KStars, Marble, Step)
   4. misc (Kturtle, Kgeography, Ktouch)
   5. edutainment (Pairs, KHangman, Blinken...)
Maybe with the goal that each part has length at most 10 min?

Afterwards, depending on their interests and number of teachers, we
could part into smaller groups similar to the topics above and discuss in
details which workflows [*] the teachers want to have when using software
in their classes.

Depending on the teachers' English skills, maybe our spanish participants
have to give the talks? Nevertheless, I think English language slides would
be fine and I could prepare a chunk of slides about our language
applications.

Greetings,
Andreas

[*] IMO thinking in terms of "teaching workflows" is advantageous
compared to "features"; missing features are then the consequence of
how the teachers want to use our software in class, which we must
interpret from the ways how they want to teach