Awesome Pairs

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed May 23 09:26:53 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Thursday, May 17, 2012 01:52:31 Aleix Pol wrote:
>> So as we discussed last week, Pairs is in KDE Edu now. Good!
>
> neat :) cool to see more apps for younger people!
>
> i just had to try it out. it seems like the sort of thing that could be really
> nice on a touch device. however, there are some issues that hold it back from
> being usable in such a way (reliance on mouse hover, animation timings, ...)
>
> if there is interest in making Pairs ready for use on tablets (and i'd love to
> offer it on our upcoming Plasma Active tablets!), let me know and i'd be happy
> to offer some observatoins on what does and does not work so well on the
> device.
>

> --
> Aaron J. Seigo

Hi Aaron,
I'm interested in Pairs working on PA, I actually made some changes
already back in the PA3 sprint to make it work. I had to compile the
application locally in the tablet back then, so the whole process was
a bit rusty. :P

Anyhow, please report us the issues you've discovered (either here or
bko) and we'll manage to sort them out.

For us it's important to have touch interfaces working properly. Not
only because of Plasma Active but I think these Kindergarten contacted
by Marco use big Touchscreens.

Cheers! :)
Aleix