Fwd: GSoC 2012 Marble Ideas

Rahul Sharma rahulveera2009 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 07:43:29 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rahul Sharma <rahulveera2009 at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Subject: GSoC 2012 Marble Ideas
To: marble-devel at kde.org, rahn at kde.org

Hi,
I am an undergraduate student at the Indian Institute of Technology
Kharagpur. I want to apply for GSoC 2012. I saw this idea on the Kde page
of GSoC 2012 ideas:<http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2012/Ideas#Project:_OpenStreetMap_vector_rendering_with_tiling_support_.28draft.29>
Project: OpenStreetMap vector rendering with tiling support
(draft)<http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2012/Ideas#Project:_OpenStreetMap_vector_rendering_with_tiling_support_.28draft.29>
And I am interested to apply this in marble. I want to discuss the idea and
have a better understanding of this project. It interests me
because I have a little bit of  acquaintance with the openstreetmap api
(and also about tile generating and rrvector rendering).
I have KDE platform built in my system and also compiled Marble. I have
been looking at the source code of Marble
for the past 2 weeks. I am particularly interested in KDE-EDU project. I
have also worked on a bug of kmplot.

So, please let me know more about this project.

-Regards,
 Rahul Sharma
 NUM_1(on irc.freenode.net)