Kalzium - komments to some strings

Marco Calignano marco.calignano at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 24 12:48:28 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 12:56 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> El Dimarts, 12 de juny de 2012, a les 17:25:14, Claus Christensen va escriure:
>> Hi
>
> Is anyone taking care of this?
>
> Anyone that knwos some chemistry can chime in and confirm/deny Claus'
> comments?
>
> Cheers,
>  Albert
>

>> I translating the latest strings for Kalzium, I came across a some that
>> seem a bit unclear:
>>
>> The definition of Element:
>>
>> #. i18n: file: data/knowledge.xml:28
>> #: rc.cpp:2216
>> msgid ""
>> "Matter that cannot be broken down into simpler matter. Chemical
>> elements are "
>> "cornerstones of Materials. Elements consist of atoms that consist of a "
>> "nucleus of positive protons, neutral neutrons, and a shell of electrons."
>>
>> While not exactly wrong, arguably all matter "consist of atoms that...".
>> I would suggest replacing the last sentence with something like:
>>
>> "Elements consist of atoms with nuclei having the same number of
>> protons. Hence all neutral atoms of an element also have the same number
>> of electrons."

Actually element do not always consist of atoms but also of molecules.
For example Oxygen consists of molecules made of two atoms of Oxygen.
The main difference is the elements molecules consist of all atoms
with the same atomic number (or of the same kind) while a compost
molecule can be done   with two or more different atoms