cmake command after make install

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Sat Jun 23 17:40:40 UTC 2012

On Saturday, 2012-06-23, Heena Mahur wrote:
> Hey ,I need to know http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=juGZtNcw

I don't think this is a problem, cmake probably just doesn't add a distclean
target to the generated Makefile.
If you want start with a super clean build, just remove the build directory,
recreate it and run cmake again.

> After make install what should I do to launch it? please have a look at
> cmakelists.txt http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=ZcnQWAx7 and
> cmake_install.cmake  http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=zp9TbjSm

/usr/local/bin/ptedit_1 should launch it, ptedit_1 should launch it as well if
/usr/local/bin is in the $PATH environment variable (which it usually is).
./ptedit_1 in the build directory should also work even without the need for
make install, i.e. just make should suffice.

The output looks like ptedit started and exited without error, so I guess
something is not happening that you are expecting to happen?

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring