KDE Edu BoF

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Jul 5 12:57:08 UTC 2012

Hi,
We've had a BoF regarding KDE Edu in the Akademy. It was a bit sparse but
we still got some discussion done, which is a good thing. From my point of
view, a lot of people is interested in KDE and education together but we
still have to find the glue in between.

In any case here there's a list of bullet points that we'd like to treat
further, probably in Randa. If there's anyone interested in those and
willing to help, please feel free to step forward and discuss with us how
to get them done.

I hope this helps.
Aleix

--------------------------

KDE Edu BoF
========

- How to attract teachers into KDE Edu?
 - Get them to complain!
- It's not easy to deploy, use
- Albert will work for+with teachers
- ProjDubious Maintainership
- kig, kiten, kbruch, kturtle, kwordquiz, step, kmplot
- Mobile inniciative
- Good for code cleaning
 - we need platforms, simplify SDK integration
- for some project it might make sense to have a KDE Edu mobile porting
group
- Code Quality in KDE Edu
- Can we have someone into Software Development reviewing Edu?
- Improve static checking?
- KDE Edu and Windows
- CD & downloadable Installer
- We should have (both/either) a KDE Edu installer and each KDE Edu apps
installer
 - Advertize from edu.kde.org?
- New ideas
- Maybe invite apps for universities? KTechLab. The project seems
unmaintained at the moment
 - Music is lacking
- Proper plotting app to use in class
- Contributor hunt
 - Specially, how can we make somebody care about Step?
- How can we find people interested in contributing to edu?