Edu devels wanted at Plasma Active sprint in March (6 to 8) in Darmstadt, Germany

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Sat Feb 11 11:48:37 UTC 2012

> I cannot go myself as it's really too short notice for me to arrange the
> kids care during those week days.
>
> I hope we can find 1 or 2 people going there. If you are not yet involved in
> KDE Edu development but are willing to commit yourself to represent KDE Edu
> at this meeting, you can apply.

+1. I would love to go as I have recently been working on this effort,
but it is unfortunately too short notice to catch any cheap plane. I
wish I could make it work by train, but impossible. :(

> What to do at this meeting?
> Discuss the way we can port Edu applications to  Active.  We already have 4
> applications ported to Harmattan (Marble, Kanagram, Blinken and Kalgebra) so
> those applications already have some QML port. Marble has its own team and I
> think Marble is already present in Plasma Active. The aim is to use one of
> the other 3 to see how to port it and document the process.

As far as I know Kalgebra is already sort of ported, and the Kanagram
port is simple enough according to the plasma components API:
http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/plasma-qml-apidocs/

It is very similar to what we use on Harmattan:
http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/library/html/qt-components/qt-components.html?tab=1

I would love to help in the future to make KDE Edu more accessible in
the future, but the notice will need to happen way earlier.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp