FeetWetCoding: Trying to make learning C++ a little more fun!

Robert Holder robert at feetwetcoding.com
Thu Aug 23 17:20:15 UTC 2012

Tomaz, I just wanted to tell you that after my wife and I read your
messages together and talked about them, we realized that you are
absolutely right:  if the learning experience we provide happens in the
IDE, then we would need to have a whole lot more resources on our
documentation site (tutorial pages, and probably even intro videos) than
we have--or as you suggested, provide some sort of plug-in to Qt Creator
that gives some kind of guidance to the student.

You have pointed out a big shortcoming in our project that has been
completely in our blind spot!  So, that is extremely helpful to us, and
we really do appreciate your feedback.  It is just not realistic for us
to assume beginners will be able to jump into IDE-based development with
what we have given them so far.   Honestly, in my mind, I had just sort
of been thinking, "Well, the teacher will explain how to use Qt Creator
to them!"  :-D  lol  But that is not a real solution.  We've been so
close to this code/project for so long, we just cannot really see it
with fresh eyes, so it is very valuable to us that we got that feedback.

We're not sure if we have the time to do what is needed to fix it, but
we are glad we at least see that issue now!  :-)  You've definitely
given us something important to think about though. Thanks again!

Best Regards,
Robert