KAlgebra Mobile on Android

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed Apr 4 09:29:26 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 5:08 AM, Laszlo Papp <lpapp at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is really a great step. I am proud of you. :-)
>
> I wonder if there is anything to add to this page that I established
> at the Harmattan sprint:
> http://community.kde.org/KDE_Mobile/Android
>
> Let us keep rocking, Aleix syle!! ;)
>
> Best Regards,
> Laszlo Papp
>
> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 4:50 AM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:
>> Hi!
>> I'm sending this e-mail because I'm proud to tell you that KAlgebra
>> Mobile is (somewhat) working on Android 2.3. I think it's a very
>> interesting event for KDE Edu, not only because it makes KAlgebra a
>> bit more awesome, but also because it proves that we can go a bit
>> further :).
>>
>> Anyhow, here there's the URL in case you want to test it:
>> http://proli.net/meu/kalgebra/KAlgebraMobile-debug.apk
>>
>> The functionality is the same you get in your desktop's kalgebramobile
>> version, more or less. It looks like an ass though, I couldn't bother
>> to get any of the Qt Components to work on Android, but we'll get
>> there.
>>
>> Happy holidays!!
>> Aleix
>>
>> PS: You'll notice that KAlgebra has the wrong icon and splash screen,
>> let it be a way to say thanks to who opened some paths before me. :)

Hi Laszlo!
Yes, there's definitely stuff to put there, actually more that we can
be proud of!

I'd like to work towards minimizing the entry level first. Right now
you don't only need to compile kdelibs, but to put tons of hacky
patches on top. Until we minimize the delta between both branches, I
think it's fine if KDE-Android stays as a crazy-people project...

Aleix