Resetting Bugs in Kig

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Oct 20 11:06:58 UTC 2011

A Dijous, 20 d'octubre de 2011, David Narvaez vàreu escriure:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 5:50 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > No, please do not do that. If you close a bug, close it because you have
> > really tried it and can not reproduce it anymore, not just because it is
> > an old bug.
> >
> > There is nothing more frustating as a user than reporting a bug, not
> > having an answer for years, and then after all this time the only thing
> > you get is a "closed because it is an old bug" and when you try to
> > reproduce the bug it is still there.
>
> Oh noes, I wouldn't do that. What I was trying to say was closing
> crash reports I can no longer reproduce - bugs that I can reproduce
> (or feature requests that are yet to be implemented) would stay in the
> bug list. I still think closing bugs is a very sensitive issue as it
> can be frustrating for the users, but on the other hand I'm working on
> bug reports on which I no longer get feedback from users and I
> basically have to do all testing on my own which makes me think that,
> in the majority of the cases, users that reported crashes years ago no
> longer care if the bug report is closed or not.
>
> Sounds better?

Sure, closing bugs that you can not reproduce anymore is fine, just say
something like "I've tried reproducing this and it works for me, please if you
can still reproduce it reopen the bug".

Closing bugs where the user does not care to answer in a given time (how much
time is up to you, I usually let two months pass) is also fine.

Albert