Klettres new gui

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu May 26 19:15:01 CEST 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 7:05 PM, Afief Halumi <afief.h at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 6:36 PM, Afief Halumi <afief.h at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I'm doing the SoK project on KLettres. Part of my project is to
> >> divorce the gui from the game code, which means that big portion of
> >> the gui have to be rewritten. In that case I felt it is better to
> >> rewrite it in QML to be future proof. In the link below is the new gui
> >> I propose which should be more suitable for preschool children,
> >> comments and criticism are welcome.
> >>
> >> http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/314387/newgui-odp.html
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Afief Halumi
> >
> > maybe you can attach it? I can't find the actual link in the website you
> > proposed.
> > Aleix
>
> I don't know much about free upload websites so I'm just trying google
> results. Here is another attempt:
> http://www.wikiupload.com/NE3AGKVIVZBA8CR
>
> Afief

Much better :)

Well I think it can work, I specially like the fact that we're getting rid
of the toolbar here, maybe it would be interesting to provide some way to
access the tooltip text to know what the button is for (I don't think stars
are  that much straightforward).

Language icons is a bad idea (flags are not always the best fit, you know
:).

Other than this, I think that the proposed UI can work and it's a good start
to make KDE Edu touch-friendly (which is something that we're starting to
desperately need).

Oh, now that we're here I'll just slip it: this application would be quite
hard to use with an onscreen keyboard... :P

Aleix