[kde-edu]: Some git repos need reconversion!

Nicolas Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Sun May 8 05:16:45 CEST 2011

Hi guys,

I have discovered that a few kdeedu git repositories were mis-converted.
There are SVN commits that were skipped during conversion to git, so they
are not present in the git repository. They will have to be reconverted from
SVN and pushed again.

The affected repositories are kalgebra, kgeography, kig, ktouch, and step.
I have not checked marble yet, but I suspect it's affected as well.

This is not just a matter of past history. The *current* revision of the
repository contains bad data too. This is one of the reasons why the kdeedu
4.6.3 release was delayed, and in the end was released from latest SVN
instead of latest git.

As an example, kalgebra.git/mobile/scripts/console/CMakeLists.txt in the 4.6
branch differs from the one in SVN, because r1221940 was not converted.

I will have to reconvert those repositories from SVN, rebase the changes
that were done in git since the original migration, and do a force-push.
Once that's done, you will have to reset your local branches to point to the
new remote branches, or if you have local changes, rebase them on top of the
new repository (NOT merge them). Of course, I'll post better instructions
later, with exact git commands.

I don't yet have a schedule for when this will happen. Feel free to suggest
dates, for example to avoid doing it in the middle of a scheduled GSoC
meeting/sprint/thing. It doesn't even need to happen for all five
repositories at the same time.

If you have any questions, reply to this message or ask in #kde-edu.

Sorry for the trouble.

--
Nicolas