[kde-edu]: Re: GSoC: Educational desktop

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Wed Mar 16 08:39:38 CET 2011

On Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:42:13 PM Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 8:48 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > it looks like we really need an irc meeting for both possible mentors
> > involved from plasma and kde-edu and potential students, to define a
> > bit more requirements.
> > Aaron, Anne-marie (other kdeedu ppl?, aleix?), Marc, Karan, what would
> > be the best time for you?
> > maybe more week end-ish?
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Marco Martin
>
> I agree this meeting would be good. For me it's better during the week, but
> just tell me when you're doing and I'll try to be there.
>
> Aleix
Hi,

I am not available this week-end at all as there is the Release Party in
Toulouse. Starts on Friday evening.
Thursday afternoon/evening is the best I can do before Sunday late
afternoon/evening.

However you can run the meeting without me. What I have in mind for the
meeting:
- define the scope of the GSoC then each student can refine it (and surprise us
as Marco said !)
- I can co-mentor it: from mid July however I will be away from internet on
summer holiday so someone has to take over at that point. There should not be
much to do at that point though.
Karan, did you ask Shantanu if he can co-mentor?

Sorry not to be on IRC but I got submerged with stuff to do at home after
coming back from India late Sunday night and I was also totally drained out
yesterday after the 2 days without sleep...

Best regards,

Anne-Marie