Cantor-SAGE: Display image

Alexander Rieder alexanderrieder at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 19:52:04 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 07 June 2011 17:10:04 Uwe Fechner wrote:
>  Hello,
>
> I can display diagrams, using the plot command of sage from within
> a cantor worksheet.
>
> But I did not find a way yet, to display an arbitrary image file within
> the cantor worksheet.
>
> Has anybody an idea, how to do that?
>
> Best regards:
>
> Uwe Fechner

Hi,
I don't thing there is a clean way of doing this, as cantor only detects if
the command was a plot, by looking if there is a new file created in its temp
directory and then displays it (I didn't think there was any usecase for doing
anything else).
As a veery dirty workaround you can just copy your image into sages temp
directory using something like "tmpfile=tmp_filename(); cp plt.png $tmpfile".

best regards,
Alexander Rieder