KAlgebra and Analitza repositories splitting

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Sat Jul 30 12:28:35 CEST 2011

Hi,
As some of you will know, I've been giving some serious love to KAlgebra
recently, specifically its Analitza module because of some university
project. The thing is that I'd like to have the Analitza libraries in a
different repository because other projects need it and it's odd to depend
on KAlgebra just because it is its official GUI app. Other examples are
Cantor and the upcoming plotting application by Percy, that you will
remember from last year's GSoC.

My idea would be to create a new repository inside the KDE Edu module called
Analitza and to let other applications find it by using cmake or whatever,
like any other library.

Thoughts?
On a more technical note, does anybody know what's the proper way to
splitting by keeping the git history?

Aleix