[kde-edu]: Qalculate backend for Cantor - Help system

Matteo Agostinelli agostinellI at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 15:28:25 CET 2011

Hello,

I am currently working on the Qalculate backend for Cantor, trying to get it
in shape for inclusion in the next release. I have started with the existing
code in playground (thanks to Millian Wolff) and you can check the progress in
svn trunk.

I have already committed some work, basically introducing new options and the
corresponding configuration dialog.

For the moment I have one question (I guess more will follow :). How do I get
the Help system to work? If I understood the code correctly, I think I have to
do a

setResult(new Cantor::HelpResult(text))

in the QalculateExpression class somewhere. Right now I am trying to put it in
the evaluate() method and call it when "help" is detected in the command, but
nothing seems to happen. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Matteo