[kde-edu]: Re: GSoC Proposal: Classroom mode

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Sun Feb 20 11:43:10 CET 2011

Ahel ibn Alquivr <ahelibnalquivr at gmail.com> [110219 19:02]:
> i think it can be very cool to develop this fuction.
> i think i'd like to apply this function on GSoC, but yes some more
> brainstorming there can be an help to find a way to implement.

Ok, I think it is clear that it must be an option, but not a requirement for
all apps. I imagine that there is some kind of central component where a
teacher could define tasks for his pupils like

- do 10 exercises with KBruch
- train following list of words with KHangMan
- etc.

The teacher should also be able to get the results of those exercises. It
might be even useful that he could define the exact tasks to solve. For
example, he could use KBruch to do some kind of exam with his pupils.

Interesting points besides how to integrate that in the different edu apps
is how to handle user management. For example, do we expect that each pupil
got an account on the Linux system or do we have to establish our own user
management?

Regards,

Sebastian

PS: Starting tonight, I'm out travelling for work and won't respond.