[kde-edu]: Re: GSoC Proposal: Classroom mode

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Fri Feb 18 10:14:56 CET 2011

On Thursday 17 February 2011 21:39:05 Sebastian Stein wrote:
> Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr> [110217 21:36]:
> > I think it's a very good idea but
> > - it needs a good mentor for GSoC which has some vision about the plugin
> > - it needs probably some list of requirements for it prior to the GSoC
> > - it needs a student who will understand what we want
> > Can you mentor it? If so we can draft a proposal and maybe define it in
> > more precise terms during the Edu meeting. What do you think?
>
> At this point I would like to see more brainstorming how such a solution
> could look like. I would offer to be a mentor, but I think it would be good
> if there is a second mentor with more background knowledge of overall KDE
> development.
>

> Regards,
>
> Sebastian
Brainstorming cannot be a GSoC project, there should be code produced to be
part of GSoC. I personally doubt a student can do the brainstorming part, from
a GSoC point of view. Except if you find a student who is well aware of the
idea on what we want!
For GSoC we need:
- dedicated mentor(s)
- precised instructions on what to code

In my opinion, we can put this as GSoC if we have another mentor to help
Sebastian (as for me, I won't be available in July and August so I don't think
I can be very helpful in mentoring, before that I'll help as much as I can)
and if we define the lib at the KDE-Edu meeting (maybe with the help of
teachers or we could try to make a survey or something else in order to get
feedback). It is doable and it is an excellent idea, we only need to have it
ready at the beginning of GSoC!

Anne-Marie