[kde-edu]: Re: GSoC Proposal: Classroom mode

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Feb 17 21:02:47 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 8:49 PM, Sebastian Stein <seb_stein at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>

> I've seen the other Google Summer of Code proposal by Pranav Ravichandran
> and was wondering if the following idea might be worth investigating:
>
> Today, all apps are mostly edutainment, but all of them are missing some
> kind of classroom mode where a teacher can measure the results of his
> pupils. I think it would be great if we could come up with a central
> mechanism to turn all edu apps into classroom ready. It could be some kind
> of plugin, which teachers can enable. From a GSoC project, I would expect
> some kind of foundational work like providing a library and outlining
> guidelines how this lib must be integrated, etc.
>
> What's your opinion? Is that something useful or total nonsense?
>
> Regards,
>
> Sebastian
> --
> http://sebstein.hpfsc.de/

Hi sebastian!
I think this is definitely some interesting use case, my impression is that
teachers really like to test children :), and it's better if it's automated.
Said that, I'm not sure it's about making it possible to create tests using
the current applications but to have applications to test.

Aleix