Help sought to build KDE SC & Qt Framework.

Ankit Bhatnagar ankitbhatnagar2012 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 18:12:54 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 8:12 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org>wrote:
>
>> As Albert Astals said,
>>
>> You don't need to have all KDE modules to build rocs,
>> you just need the development packages for kde, the rest you can
>> install from your distro.
>> Please, download just Rocs ( or any other app that you want to hack on
>> ), and try to run the CMake,
>> it will tell you what are the parts that you miss.
>>
>> Tomaz
>>

> Some time ago I wrote some of the needed steps here, maybe that helps:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE_Applications
>
> Aleix,

Thanks for the link above. I could make quite a bit of what's stated in
there.

My progress thus far :
Up with GIT, Cmake, Kdelib-dev..............cloned. Still have some issues
with the Qt stuff.

I tried pullling one of the projects on kdeedu - kbruch, I have the git
cloned source and also tried cmaking it, but for some reason it failed. The
error is somethink like - missing source line in cmakelists.txt. I fathomed
it to be something related to the version of the project and being
incompatible with the version of cmake, I've installed. Is that possibly
the reason ???

Also, suggest me if I could use KDE SVN Build, available in the KPackageKit
? How's that useful, if at all.

Wishes.
Ankit.