Help sought to build KDE SC & Qt Framework.

Ankit Bhatnagar ankitbhatnagar2012 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 13:47:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Ankit Bhatnagar <
> ankitbhatnagar2012 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Andreas Cord-Landwehr <
>> phoenixx at uni-paderborn.de> wrote:
>>
>>> **

>>> it. I

>>> manage a

>>> KDE

>>> source.
>>>

>>> Hi Ankit,
>>>

>>> usually it is not necessary to build the full KDE SC plus Qt by yourself
>>> only to be able to work on one of the EDU applications. In most cases it
>>> sufficies to install the *-dev packages by your distribution (those
>>> packages are often indicated by *-dev postfix).
>>>

>>> For compile und install Rocs, I wrote this rather short howto some time
>>> ago:
>>>
>>> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Edu/Rocs
>>>
>>> However, for compiling the development packages for kdelibs, Qt and
>>> Boost must be installed.
>>>

>> Hi Andreas,
>>
>> Thanks for the information.
>> I guess, I didn't furnish all the information straightaway. I had rather
>> meant for "development" of the above-mentioned apps. I am willing to
>> contribute to KDE EDU and thus, I require the so-said software compilations.
>>
>> Wishes.
>> Ankit.
>>

>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> Andreas

> Well if you already started to do something, maybe you can tell us what
> are you doing that doesn't work?
> The workflow is easy.
> 1. git clone

git cloning is working alright; though I still cannot make of "ALL" the
repositories that I need to clone/pull. Can you enlist the core
repositories that I should clone, at the bare minimum.

> 2. cmake

I make of what cmake does, what I'm still not at that stage, obviously
since, I still dont have all the repositories.

Given all that, the points below are still a way to go. :)

> 3. make
> 4. make install
> 5. execute
>
> usually you'll iterate through 3 and 5.
>
> I'm very apologetic, if it's getting a bit too basic, but I'll be
thankful, if you could find me a way out.

Wishes.
Ankit.