Want to Contribute to KDE-Edu Community.

Ankit Bhatnagar ankitbhatnagar2012 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 04:49:14 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 5:53 AM, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:

> I Actually have one request, if you are ok doing it. :)
>
> Me, Andreas and Wagner work on Rocs, a Graph-Theory trainer, but it
> does accepts plugins for other things,
> and a plugin for an Tree and AVL Tree are missing, you could try to
> make them, what you think?

Hi Tomaz,

Thanks for the opportunity.

I went thru the application page for Rocs, and understand the scope of the
application. Still, what is it exactly that you want me to do ?? P.S. I
understand what Trees & AVL Tress are. :)

Do lemme know, so that I could begin drafting an outline for the same asap.
Also, since I am just beginning with KDE, especially Qt, I might need a bit
more time to get hold of everything around. Hope you'll persevere with the
purpose.

Wishes.
Ankit.

> Tomaz
>
> On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Eike Krumbacher
> <eike.krumbacher at x-eike.de> wrote:
> > Hi Ankit!
> >
> > Here are my suggestions. :-)
> >
> > Am 18.12.11 11:51, schrieb Ankit Bhatnagar:
> >
> >> I hope to help the community with my skills and in turn, learn a lot as
> >> well. Any suggestions/information to begin contributing, is
> >> well-appreciated.
> >

> > * All projects within KDE need help. If you like to contribute, you have
> > learn C++ and Qt by heart. :-)
> >
> > * Take a tour on git, diff, patch and
> > https://bugs.kde.org/
> >
> > * You should build up a devel environment and have a look for apps, which
> > might be useful for you. And then try to make them as good as possible.
> >
> > * There is one app arround in KDE-EDU, kmplot, which does not have a
> > maintainer.
> > http://edu.kde.org/applications/mathematics/kmplot/
> > There are lots of things to do, to make kmplot shiny again. Would you
> like
> > to take a step?

Hi Eike,

Thanks for the suggestions. I'd definitely want to work with the project. I
went through the application page for kmplot and thru the git repository,
as well. I am currently building my development environment and soon, will
go thru the code in-depth. I'll try and use the application myself to get a
feel, so that I could get hold of features, that could be introduced or
added.

Wishes.
Ankit