Google Code-In Translation for pykig.py

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Tue Dec 13 05:49:00 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 6:58 AM, Eike Krumbacher
<eike.krumbacher at x-eike.de> wrote:
> Am 01.12.2011 21:18, schrieb Maurizio Paolini:
>
>> About DICT:  pykig.py actually produces a 'kig save file', which is
>> an XML file.  This requires quoting/encoding the characters that XML
>> itself uses for its syntax.
>

> xml.sax.saxutils.escape()
>
> would do the job.
>
> Eike

Hi all, sorry for the delay on this.

I'm attaching a version of the file which tries address the encoding
issues using Eike's recommendation. I tried testing it against the
examples provided in kig's documentation, but some of them seem to
fail for reasons not related to the encoding issue (maybe we should
review which of those sample files are still valid?), so I don't think
I've tested it throughly. Maurizio, can you try with other files that
include possible fail cases? (which I guess are labels with non-ascii
characters, right?) I have to run to bed now so I can't do much more
testing right now.

I included some comments at the beginning of the file to credit the
student that did the translations, does everybody agree on those?
Anne-Marie, do you mind taking a look and see if something else should
be added? I plan to CC him on the commit so that he gets notified of
the fact that the translations were included, sounds good?

Thank your all for the help!

David E. Narváez