[kde-edu]: Re: Usability report from Caixa Mágica

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Tue Apr 26 13:18:48 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Nuno Pinheiro <nuno.pinheiro at kdab.com> wrote:
> A Segunda, 18 de Abril de 2011 16:21:06 Tomaz Canabrava você escreveu:
>> not everything-everything, everything that seems to matter.
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:

>> > Hey Tomaz...
>> > I said to get a list so that we can use your translation as a filter also
>> > :P maybe everything is too much for us, isn't it?
>> > Aleix
>
> wow this is a great document

You really think that? I finished filtering and translating it,
deleting the stuff I tougth was uninportant for the Edu-Apps, and...
nothing was about edu apps, There's plenty of stuff about caixa
magica, but on the desktop level, not on the application level.

for instance, the study was done by 10 kids, and the questions of the
study were:
1 - Can you change the wallpaper?
2 - try to copy a file to the home folder
3 - find out the games that are installed
4 - start supertux, and find out your records
5 - play snake.
6 - where do you go to learn something?
7 - Can you open a text-editor and write your name?
8 - Can you open a office - program and write your name?
9 - can you take a photo of yourself?

I'v read all the doc, trying to find anything related to our apps
there, and the first time that I got a 'k' app, it had a 'Showstopper'
because the title was in english.

this comphreends all pages of the study, I think it's usable for the
GSoC guy that will do the kde-edu plasma activity, but unsuitable for
our apps. No study was done inside any Edu-app, so no data to gather.

Also, the study was done only with 10 kids, and that's not a valid
number for a serious study, it too few for a valid output.

Tomaz