[kde-edu]: Re: File hosting: please move them to files.kde.org

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Apr 21 06:11:48 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 5:45 PM, Anne-Marie Mahfouf
<annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our great KDE sysadmins had set up a server to host files (whatever the size or
> type): http://files.kde.org and at last we can move all data we host on the
> website to this web server.
> I did it yesterday for KLettres and KHangMan, leaving only the provider.xml
> files on edu.kde.org for KNewStuff access.
> If you need it, we can also set redirections for your files.
>
> Please move all your data files to the new files.kde.org server, especially the
> Marble team which has a "newstuff" folder with 783 Mb files on edu.kde.org!
>
> Ask Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> for access to files.kde.org and where to
> put them, I put mine on http://files.kde.org/edu/
>
> Thanks in advance, best regards,
>
> Anne-Marie

KStars developers, is there any status on this? Moving the files would
be much appreciated.

Thanks to all the other Edu projects (namely KLettres, KHangman,
KAnagram and Marble) for moving their files, it helps quite a bit.

Regards,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin