[kde-edu]: Re: New KDE Edu website

Andreas Cord-Landwehr phoenixx at uni-paderborn.de
Tue Apr 12 15:10:12 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 12 April 2011 12:09:36 Aleix Pol wrote:
> Any comments or questions?

Hi, I completely agree that the design is really nice (thumbs up!). But I have
two high-level ideas that I want to discuss:

Secondary Menu that focus at User Groups:
------
I would like to propose a second/additional menu (orthogonal to the current
top-menu) that focus at user groups and their needs instead of what KDE Edu is
and what we provides.
My idea is to have such a menu at the left or right side with three buttons
like "I am a learner/teacher", "I administrate teaching/learning computers",
"I want to contribute to KDE Edu" (those titles are only sketches). From those
buttons a user then should come to an overview page each, where a high level
description is given for the specific point of interest. E.g. such a page
explains for a teacher/learner how to get KDE Edu software (I mean not how to
compile but some hints to specific distributions) such that also an
technically inexperienced user can get in touch with our applications. Also
there I would like to see some motivation texts to encourage use of KDE Edu
software.

Text Updates:
------
As I said some days ago in Bilbao, I am not that happy with some of the texts
at the webside and would like to improve them. My question is: what is the
best approach to do that? Sending all by mail is probably not the best way...
Maybe a collaboration Pad?

Greetings,
   Andreas

PS: if such a secondary menu is wanted I volunteer to write drafts for those
pages