[kde-edu]: New export filters for Kig

Raoul raoulb at bluewin.ch
Thu Sep 9 14:02:45 CEST 2010

Hi,

> > Is the patch currently working on svn head? Could you please sent
> > it to me? (Just for testing porposes.) Or better, could you commit
> > it?
> http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/5296/
>
> It's working, and unless someone finds major problems with it, I will
> commit it in about one week.

Thanks. I'll test it in the next days if I find the time to do so.

At some point we'll have to figure out the best way for GUI integration.
Asymptote scripts can be standalone (.asy) or latex-embedded (.tex).

Maybe it would be a good idea to merge the three latex "based"
techniques PSTricks, PGF, and Asy into a common export option.
And have a separate export option for standalone asy scripts.
(Of course we would share the backend code.)

What do you think?

> > > As far as I know, http://reviewboard.kde.org is the best place for
> > > patches.
> >
> > Ok, thanks. I'm not familiar with the structure of the KDE project.
> > I think I'll have a patch ready in, say a week ot two.
> > (Little time to work on this right now.)
> Don't worry, we still have enough time till 4.6.

Ok. It's not much work to improve the export options, but
it has to be done ... would be great to see this in 4.6.

BTW: Which people are the current main developers of Kig?
(Just to get familiar with the project structure.)

-- Raoul