[kde-edu]: Practice with Parley 0.9.4

José Troncoso jstroncoso at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 20:05:57 CEST 2010

First of all, I'd like to thank the developers for their great work on such a
useful application as Parley. Now, there have been a few changes in they way
practice is implemented in version 0.9.4 which I'd like to comment on.

First, the missing paraphrase practice, which I hope is only temporary, as I
find it most convenient for advanced learners. Indeed, literal word translation
is very often misleading, so advanced learners often need to learn new words
by means of a paraphrase. That's why I think that the paraphrase practice
shouldn't be left out.

Second, regarding the example paraphrase, I find it confusing having to select
practice in L1 to practise examples in L2. For example, I have a file with
words, paraphrases and examples in English and occasional translations in
Spanish, and I find it confusing having to select Spanish to pratise the
examples in English.

That's it. I hope you'll find my comments helpful. Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
José Troncoso