[kde-edu]: Re: The KDE Edu meeting in Bilbao

Agustín Benito Bethencourt (Toscalix) toscalix at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 19:41:34 CET 2010

Hi,

it would be important to invite (I suggesss they pay fo their costs) the
following spanish people:

a.- Jesús Torres, from La Laguna College:
http://dot.kde.org/2010/10/07/jes%C3%BAs-torres-talks-about-bardinux-spains-
biggest-deployment-kde-software Early next year they'll be migrating from KDE
3.5 to KDE 4 (I think, I can confirm)

b.- Linex coordinator and technicians (I can contact them from debian - Edu
project or at politic level). They use several KDE-Edu apps (60 thousand
computers based on Debian+GNOME). Linex is the Extremadura edu distribution:
http://linexedu.educarex.es/web/guest/aplicaciones-por-categorias

c.- Somebody from the portuguese Edu distro (I would invite him). They have a
huge KDE deployment (all over Portugal).

d.- Guadaliex, Andalucia edu distro, is based on Ubuntu, but it also uses KDE-
edu apps in about 220,000 computers and laptops (Rodrigo Salvador should be our
contact):
http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/averroes/cga/spip.php?article359&var_recherche=marble

e.- Although it is a smaller project, MAX, the edu distro from Madrid, also uses
KDE-edu apps, so maybe it is good to invite them. Javier Rodríguez Pascua is
probably the best contact.

Maybe there are more people that can be invited from other colleges. It's late
and I'm tired....

I would organice a public event besides the sprint or a limited presentation of
every single KDE-Edu app so these key people know by first hand who you are, and
what are the new features. The have thousand of users so teaching them how to
report bugs to KDE could be also a great thing to do.

--
Saludos

---
Agustín Benito Bethencourt (toscalix)